is personally one of my favorite Disney movies. There are several inaccuracies with the film's animals. Please understand that these are not criticisms and I am making these inaccuracy lists for fun.
- The leopard (Panthera pardus) Sabor has plenty of inaccuracies. She doesn't have enough spots, her shoulder muscles are too large, and her canine teeth are too long.
- It would be very unlikely for a gorilla (Gorilla gorilla) to adopt a human baby, even a female who had recently lost her own.
- I strongly doubt a human (Homo sapiens) infant from Europe or North America would even survive in the African rainforest. There are diseases and humans have a different diet from gorillas. Gorillas mainly eat plants and occasionally eat insects, while humans are more omnivorous.
- Leopards usually try to avoid gorillas because of how large and powerful they are. A gorilla can easily scare of a leopard off.
- Ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) do not live in mainland Africa.
- African forest elephants (Loxodonta cyclotis) have more rounded ears and their tusks are straighter than depicted in the film. Plus, female forest elephants have tusks, just shorter than the males.
- If a hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius) saw a human or gorilla on top of it, it probably would react aggressively. Plus, a hippo might not be able to stay in such deep water. Hippos cannot swim or float, to get to the surface they jump off the bottom of the lake or river.
- Neither black (Diceros bicornis) nor white rhinos (Ceratotherium simum) live in the African rainforest.
- Marabou storks (Leptoptilos crumenifer) have no vocal chords and are mute.
- Tarzan should have grown a beard.
- The snake that chases Tarzan is way too long.
- The baboons in the film are weird. They look and act like a hybrid between olive baboons (Papio anubis) and mandrills (Mandrillus sphinx). If they were mandrills, they wouldn't be that fast and agile and have shorter tails, and if they were baboons, the male would not have the colorful face.
- The sounds the baby gorillas make are chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) sounds. While baby gorillas have higher pitched sounds than adults, they would not sound like chimpanzees.
- An elephant would not be able to use its trunk like a periscope. Plus, how does an elephant climb up onto a boat?